You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Shuffle (1st gen) not showing in iTunes

(I know it says iPod Shuffle 2nd gen, but there is no option for 1st gen) I recently bought an iPod shuffle 1st gen and it is not recognized by the ether of the Macs nor iTunes. I've tried the several steps mentioned here (updating iTunes, ran device diagnostics, trying another computer, checking the device manager - doesnt appear). Any other idea? I clicked on the link to uninstall and reinstall iTunes but it said not found. if somebody could send a link that works would be nice.

iPod Shuffle (2nd Gen)

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 6:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2023 3:45 PM

Hi IpodLover1027,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Since you already tried the steps here: If your computer doesn't recognise your iPhone or iPad, and you're still unable to get your computer to recognize your device, we recommend that you contact Apple Support directly so that they can work with you to find a solution. You can reach them by clicking here: Apple Support or calling the most local number in your region: Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 1, 2023 3:45 PM in response to IpodLover1027

Hi IpodLover1027,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Since you already tried the steps here: If your computer doesn't recognise your iPhone or iPad, and you're still unable to get your computer to recognize your device, we recommend that you contact Apple Support directly so that they can work with you to find a solution. You can reach them by clicking here: Apple Support or calling the most local number in your region: Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

iPod Shuffle (1st gen) not showing in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.