You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I turn off (and fully delete) steam app?

Regularly I began to see the following messages from Macbook Pro 14:

"the steam app has added objects that can run in the background".

I click on this message and see, that steam is disabled in the following menu:

But it doesn't work.

So, When I decide to fully delete steam-app, I can't find it in the applications list:

How it could be fixed?

Thanks in advance for your answers and help

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 8:39 PM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2023 4:08 PM in response to Dizrael

Greetings Dizrael,

To remove the Steam app completely from your MacBook Pro, you'll want to contact the Steam app developer directly. Just dragging the Steam program to the Trash will not fully uninstall Steam. Since you don't see the app, parts of it may have been removed. The best people to take a look with you would be the Steam app Support, as they are the developers of the app, so they would be familiar with what folders have their app information included on the Mac. This page can help guide you on how to contact. the Steam app developer directly: How to contact an app developer - Apple Support.

We hope this information helps you out.

Best wishes!

How can I turn off (and fully delete) steam app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.