Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro (13" 2016) Screen Dies Every Time

Hello,

There is an issue I’ve been experiencing for several months and I was wondering if somebody could help me with this.

My MacBook Pro (2016 model, 13 inch screen) Mojave went through three phases:

1) At first it happened every now and then that my brightness would suddenly dim very, very slightly, barely noticeably (please note that I have auto-brightness turned off). This would only happen at most once between two power-ons.

2) Then, and this is unfortunately a reoccurring bug, sometimes the brightness abruptly dims greatly (equivalent to clicking “reduce brightness” four to six times) and, at the very bottom of the screen, I can see alternating dark and lit up parts (please see the attached photo).

3) I wasn’t too worried until recently, after going through phase 2, my computer’s brightness died completely and the screen went totally black. However, the computer was still turned on and functioning, it was simply the display that wasn’t working anymore.

I’ve tried following suggestions from this website (https://www.creativebloq.com/how-to/fix-black-screen-on-macbook-pro) but unfortunately to no avail.

And now every time I turn on my laptop, it briefly enters stage 2, before the screen dying completely, making it unusable.

Does anyone perhaps have an idea on what is wrong with my computer and how it could be fixed?

Thank you in advance

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 11:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 1:14 AM

You should visit an Authorized Apple Service Provider next to your place and let them diagnose your MacBook Pro, this looks like a hardware issue.

Use this link to find one near your location:

Find Locations - Apple

Or check this Apple page for more options, including sending it in for service:

Mac Repair & Service - Apple Support

Does this also happen if you start your MacBook Pro in Safe Mode?

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2023 1:14 AM in response to Enquirer5

You should visit an Authorized Apple Service Provider next to your place and let them diagnose your MacBook Pro, this looks like a hardware issue.

Use this link to find one near your location:

Find Locations - Apple

Or check this Apple page for more options, including sending it in for service:

Mac Repair & Service - Apple Support

Does this also happen if you start your MacBook Pro in Safe Mode?

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

MacBook Pro (13" 2016) Screen Dies Every Time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.