Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen problem with MacBook pro 13 inch late 2016

When I started up my Macbook this morning, the screen was black.

However, on top there is a tiny stripe of the actual and responsive screen visible and I can even see the tip of my pointer move there.

But there is nothing I can do with it.

When I close the lid and open it again, I see an actual display of a random program, with random windows in it with the pointer frozen. That part is is unresponsive. Also it changes at random when I close and change the lid again. Now and then there are also horizontal stripes popping up.

And all the time there is the tiny stripe of the actual screen which seems to respond to all the keys and pointer. Problem is that, since I can not see the screen properly, I can do nothing with it.

I tried all the tricks mentioned on internet, but nothing helps.

I also cannot find a similar case as mine. There is a lot about a black screen, but nothing similar as what I experience.

Any help?

MacBook Pro 13″, 10.15

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 12:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 3:26 AM

Hi,

You'd better take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore, Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there. I think your MacBook Pro has hardware on display itself or display driver circuit.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

https://locate.apple.com/

1 reply

Screen problem with MacBook pro 13 inch late 2016

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.