Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does this happen?

Why does this happen?)

I bought this album some time ago (about 2-3 months ago), but did not transfer the files to the "media library" (not transferred to ipod), but kept it on my computer. But, when I did transfer those files to the ipod, then going into the "iTunes" app on my computer, I was surprised that the "Store" showed me that the files (songs, album) as if they hadn't been purchased. As you can see from the attached screenshots below, all the parameters (song list, copyrights, etc.) are the same, the mark that the files are "purchased" is there too. I really exactly bought this album, not received as a gift.

Help me, please)

PS: sorry for my bad english.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 4:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 4:55 AM

If it says Purchased in the store instead of Play or the price, then such items have been hidden from your purchase history. This occasionally happens for reasons unknown. See Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support to unhide them so that they can be streamed or downloaded on demand.

tt2

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2023 4:55 AM in response to Talich

If it says Purchased in the store instead of Play or the price, then such items have been hidden from your purchase history. This occasionally happens for reasons unknown. See Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support to unhide them so that they can be streamed or downloaded on demand.

tt2

Feb 28, 2023 5:23 AM in response to turingtest2

I get that instead of "Play" it says "Price", even though I'm downloading exactly the purchased audio.

Maybe I'm not explaining it right. The situation is as follows: I load the purchased songs (album) into the "media library". Then (in "media library") I point to the track in the "File info" column and click "show in Store". By all rules, the iTunes app should show that these songs have already been purchased, and instead of showing me "Price", I should see "Play", but that's not the case. This rarely happens for me. So far, only with two or three albums.

Why does this happen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.