Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

spotlight search

hi I'm on a mac m1 13 inch, and if I try to make the shortcut for spotlight search nothing happens, even if I press the icon at the top right nothing happens, mine is not a problem where the search does not find me things, I just don't see the spotlight search bar, how can I fix it?

thanks, Michele

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 11:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 3:22 PM

If you press the command key and the spacebar, does that brig up the spotlight window?

Also, to control what spotlight will search, go to System Settings, Siri & Spotlight, and place

a check mark next to everything you want searched. Also, if you click on Spotlight Privacy

at the bottom of that window in Settings, make sure there are no folders listed in it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2023 3:22 PM in response to stradi

If you press the command key and the spacebar, does that brig up the spotlight window?

Also, to control what spotlight will search, go to System Settings, Siri & Spotlight, and place

a check mark next to everything you want searched. Also, if you click on Spotlight Privacy

at the bottom of that window in Settings, make sure there are no folders listed in it.

spotlight search

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.