Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unsync mac music library from icloud

Hello Apple community!

I made the mistake of syncing my massive music library on my mac onto iCloud. Now all of my Apple devices have access to a gazillion songs.

I tried to unsync my iCloud music but when I try the settings option on my Mac Music Apple (formally known as iTunes); it doesn't do much, and I still see my entire Mac Music library on my other Apple devices.

Is there a quick way of undoing this terrible mistake without removing artists one by one, or am I doomed forever?

The unchecking of the sync option in Preferences in Music didn't work...

Can't thank you all enough!

Many thanks!

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 12:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 12:54 PM

See Use Sync Library to access your music library across your devices - Apple Support and turn off Sync Library in each library or device where it is unwanted. Those should revert to showing local content and your unhidden purchase history.

tt2

Similar questions

6 replies

Mar 1, 2023 8:29 AM in response to VagabondPilgrim

You can create a new empty library by holding down shift as you launch Music, enable Sync Library, select content in batches, right-click, and delete from library. This will remove things from the iCloud Music Library, cleaning up whatever any other signed in library sees. Cloud content is removed everywhere, as are items that were downloaded to an iOS device. For a library on a computer downloaded items that have been deleted elsewhere get marked as Removed.

FWIW I have an iCloud Music Library of about 10,000 tracks that is the same across a number of computers and iOS devices, Apple TVs, and HomePods. I also have a main library of about 65,000 tracks that is isolated from the cloud. Occasionally I'll add content from the large library to the smaller one. The cloud library is my pick of what syncs everywhere.

tt2

Unsync mac music library from icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.