Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t I buy anything with my Apple ID card instead of a credit card

If I have money on my Apple ID account how can I use the money to buy Apple Music for my family?

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 1:50 PM

Any balance on your account should be automatically used to pay for any of your purchases or subscriptions before charging your credit card. The exceptions to this are if you are trying to gift something, in that case gift card credit balance on your account cannot be used.

When using your Apple account balance, it may still require your payment method be functional and verifiable and ask you make sure its valid and working, but should not charge it if you have enough credit to cover the purchase plus any taxes applied in your location.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2023 1:50 PM in response to jaythan2.0

Any balance on your account should be automatically used to pay for any of your purchases or subscriptions before charging your credit card. The exceptions to this are if you are trying to gift something, in that case gift card credit balance on your account cannot be used.

When using your Apple account balance, it may still require your payment method be functional and verifiable and ask you make sure its valid and working, but should not charge it if you have enough credit to cover the purchase plus any taxes applied in your location.

Why can’t I buy anything with my Apple ID card instead of a credit card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.