Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music.

I just switched my Apple Music from an individual plan to a family plan and when I go to click the button where it says click here to add members via message it says my payment method can’t be used. But apple already took the money out of my account to pay for the family plan so whY can’t my card be processed please help

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 9, 2019 2:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2019 4:14 AM

If you are the organizer for the Family Sharing plan, then there may be additional requirements for the payment method, in particular automatic online payments must be supported. Valid payment methods for setting up Family Sharing include credit cards and debit cards, depending on region. The payment method has to be verified, as fees and purchases should be able to get withdrawn for the card account without further approval in advance.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2019 4:14 AM in response to Bmills1515

If you are the organizer for the Family Sharing plan, then there may be additional requirements for the payment method, in particular automatic online payments must be supported. Valid payment methods for setting up Family Sharing include credit cards and debit cards, depending on region. The payment method has to be verified, as fees and purchases should be able to get withdrawn for the card account without further approval in advance.

Apple Music.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.