Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to unlock my old iPhone?

My previous iPhone crashed, it was returned to Verizon. It is locked, removed from Find My Device. It needs to be unlocked to receive return device credit. How to unlock old device under these circumstances?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 1:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 11:30 AM

Hi portia38,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that you are looking to remove the Activation Lock of a device that you already returned to Verizon.

Please follow the steps below.

1. "Tap Devices at the bottom of the screen, then tap the name of the device you want to remove.
  2. Erase the device. Because the device isn’t lost, don’t enter a phone number or message. If the device is offline, the remote erase begins the next time it connects to a Wi-Fi or cellular network. You receive an email when the device is erased.
  3. When the device is erased, tap Remove This Device, then tap Remove. All your content is erased, Activation Lock is turned off, and someone else can now activate the device."

You can use the article below as a reference.

Remove a device from Find My on iPhone - Apple Support

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2023 11:30 AM in response to portia38

Hi portia38,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that you are looking to remove the Activation Lock of a device that you already returned to Verizon.

Please follow the steps below.

1. "Tap Devices at the bottom of the screen, then tap the name of the device you want to remove.
  2. Erase the device. Because the device isn’t lost, don’t enter a phone number or message. If the device is offline, the remote erase begins the next time it connects to a Wi-Fi or cellular network. You receive an email when the device is erased.
  3. When the device is erased, tap Remove This Device, then tap Remove. All your content is erased, Activation Lock is turned off, and someone else can now activate the device."

You can use the article below as a reference.

Remove a device from Find My on iPhone - Apple Support

Take care!

How to unlock my old iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.