Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two back ups

I recently help a friend move from a 7 to an XR I did a back up of the 7 to iCloud, then did a quick start transfer, it was then I noticed the XR had less memory, so got my friend to empty WhatsApp which brought the space down to 10 gigs. So when the transfer moved I forgot to sign out of the 7 before erasing all settings. I now see that in iCloud on the XR I see I have two back ups 43 gigs for the 7 and 10 for XR. So my question is, is it safe to delete the 7 backup from the new phone without effecting the XR. Thanks. Graham

iPhone XR

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 1:54 PM

6 replies

Mar 1, 2023 5:55 AM in response to sberman

Thank you for getting back to me. So would I be right in saying that the back up I did on the 7 before I got my friend to delete all the rubbish in WhatsApp brought the storage down to 10 gigs which is saying for the XR and the 43 gigs is the backup before deleting the WhatsApp? The only thing I would worry is that she has 3000 plus photos and videos in her photos app. So as you say deleting the 7 backup won’t effect her photos? Thanks again for you help. Graham

Two back ups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.