Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Screen Organizing

Hello, one of my home pages had disappeared. I had found other discussions about adding and removing home pages and was able to get to the page to add or remove home pages. However the page is not there and there are no little circles under my pages to add or select them. I also can not add the apps that were on the missing page. I appreciate any suggestions.

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 8:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2023 3:14 PM

Marg713 Said:

"Home Screen Organizing: It seems it was a temporary glitch as now the home page and apps are back, and the circles to select home pages to hide are back!"

-------

Storae and Lagging:

Your iPhone may have been trying to get itself together in prep for a lot of things. So, how much storage is left? See if lots is taken up my "Other"/"System Data", and see if you need to clean space, big time. If it is loading this slow, then having low storage availability would cause this lagging.

So, Clear Space, Using my User Tips:

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2023 3:14 PM in response to Marg713

Marg713 Said:

"Home Screen Organizing: It seems it was a temporary glitch as now the home page and apps are back, and the circles to select home pages to hide are back!"

-------

Storae and Lagging:

Your iPhone may have been trying to get itself together in prep for a lot of things. So, how much storage is left? See if lots is taken up my "Other"/"System Data", and see if you need to clean space, big time. If it is loading this slow, then having low storage availability would cause this lagging.

So, Clear Space, Using my User Tips:

Mar 1, 2023 4:37 PM in response to Marg713

Marg713 Said:

"Home Screen Organizing: Oof, just about 8 GB available. Not slow in any other ways but yes probably time for a clean! Thank you so much; it didn’t even occur to me that low storage may have been the issue!"

-------

You are welcome.

Clearing Out Info:

Report back the result of clearing "Other"/"System Data"

Provide a Screenshot:

Can you provide a screenshot of how much is taken up? IMPORTANT: Leave out personal info (i.e. phone numbers and names, by bowering it up with red rectangles and such through use of the photos app).

Go here: Take a Screenshot On your iPhone - Apple Support

Mar 1, 2023 8:44 PM in response to Marg713

Marg713 Said:

"Home Screen Organizing: Honestly I think I just have a lot of apps, the other does not seem to be very much at all. This was after deleting a chunk of apps (more of which will be going). Should I still be doing the restore?"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Yes. Perform the backup/restore: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tip

Feb 28, 2023 8:53 PM in response to Marg713

Marg713 Said:

"Home Screen Organizing: [...]Hello, one of my home pages had disappeared. [...]I also can not add the apps that were on the missing page."

-------

Relocating Apps:

There are a few things to try, when it comes to getting apps back on the Home Screen...

A. Drag it Back:

Swipe your finger in from the right. Then, drag it back over.

No Success?...

B. Reset the Home Screen Layout:

If a widget or app has gone mossing somehow, then you need to reset the Home Screen Layout...

Go Here: Move and organize apps on iPhone - Apple Support

You'd have to add back all the widgets that you can recall being back on there.

Scroll to: Reset the Home Screen and Apps to their Original Layout

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Home Screen Layout
  5. Then... Add the apps back

No Success?...

C. Removed from the App Library:

Note that apps will always show in you Purchase History. Also note that they will remain in the App Store, as long as they were not removed from it by Apple. If removed from the App Store, then you they will not show up on it. It all has to do with licensing between Apple and the Developer

Home Screen Organizing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.