Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendars Archive

I have a few calendars on my MacBook Pro D1. If I export a “calendar Archive” does it include all the individual calendars, or do you need to export each individual calendar?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Mar 1, 2023 6:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2023 7:42 AM

Import or export calendars on Mac, states:

"To share or back up a calendar that’s in the On My Mac section of the calendar list, you can export the calendar’s events, then import them into another calendar or to another computer."

"If you use a calendar account, such as iCloud or Exchange, you don’t need to export and import its calendars to back them up or have them appear on your other devices. The account calendars are stored on the calendar service provider’s servers, and are automatically updated on all your devices set up for the same calendar account."

If you deleted iCloud calendars or events from Mac contains additional relevant information regarding iCloud Calendars.

FWIW, I have never had to use the restore feature, but I regularly backup both individual calendars and also create an archive.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2023 7:42 AM in response to radiowatch

Import or export calendars on Mac, states:

"To share or back up a calendar that’s in the On My Mac section of the calendar list, you can export the calendar’s events, then import them into another calendar or to another computer."

"If you use a calendar account, such as iCloud or Exchange, you don’t need to export and import its calendars to back them up or have them appear on your other devices. The account calendars are stored on the calendar service provider’s servers, and are automatically updated on all your devices set up for the same calendar account."

If you deleted iCloud calendars or events from Mac contains additional relevant information regarding iCloud Calendars.

FWIW, I have never had to use the restore feature, but I regularly backup both individual calendars and also create an archive.

Calendars Archive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.