Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot access Photos albums when uploading

Today, one of of business groups asked for a selection of photos representing my business growth/changes. I cannot provide them because I do not have time to browse 12,000 plus photos... This change -- the inability to access albums when uploading -- is affecting my business. Ventura needs to accommodate this... no one wants to scroll through thousands of photos that were already sorted by the user into albums. What is Apple thinking?

iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021, 2 ports)

Posted on Mar 1, 2023 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2023 10:02 AM

It may be that 3rd party apps have just not adapted, yet.

But the search field is very powerful. Have you tried just typing the name of the album you want to chose from into the search field?

I use keywords to help me find the pictures I want. If there is a certain project for which I need pictures, I can open Photos, find those pictures, and add the project name as a keyword. Then, in the upload dialog, I just search for the project and exactly the pictures I need are the ones that pop up.

You can leave feedback for Apple here:

Feedback - Photos - Apple

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2023 10:02 AM in response to debbi52

It may be that 3rd party apps have just not adapted, yet.

But the search field is very powerful. Have you tried just typing the name of the album you want to chose from into the search field?

I use keywords to help me find the pictures I want. If there is a certain project for which I need pictures, I can open Photos, find those pictures, and add the project name as a keyword. Then, in the upload dialog, I just search for the project and exactly the pictures I need are the ones that pop up.

You can leave feedback for Apple here:

Feedback - Photos - Apple

Mar 1, 2023 11:35 AM in response to debbi52

debbi52 wrote: It's not the app.... My MacBook Pro has Monterey.

Right-- it was a change Apple made with Ventura. But some apps show albums like Monterey (and before) did, so apps like browsers can be changed to show albums using the newer protocol. We're waiting...

Thanks for the album suggestion. I did test that out and it does bring up the pics in the album. That is a huge help!

Thanks. I'm adjusting like you!

Cannot access Photos albums when uploading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.