Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Triple monitors not working with my MacBook Air M1

I have a Macbook air M1. I run it through a dell docking station to my triple monitors for work. since upgrading to Ventura, I only have one monitor showing up. Please help.. I can't work like this. Also, if there isn't a current solution, can I go back to the previous OS?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 1, 2023 10:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2023 2:12 PM

The M1 Macs only support one external monitor.

MacBook Air with M1 chip - Tech Specs - Apple

"Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at millions of colors and:

One external display with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz"

9 replies

Mar 30, 2023 2:02 PM in response to freshman71

MacBooks M1 and M2 do not natively support more than one external display, as others have noted.

However, docks are available that allow you to easily connect two external displays on M1 and M2 Macs:

https://www.macworld.com/article/675869/how-to-connect-two-or-more-external-displays-to-apple-silicon-m1-macs.html

The article explains the issue in detail, and gives a great list of the docks that are available, each using one of two different plugins that work with macOS, to allow you to connect two external displays. The article discusses how they each work, which of two plugins they use to support this on macOS, and average prices for each.) Most of the docks above allow for "extended" mode, although one or two only allow mirror mode, so make note of this in making your selection. They each also use one of two software plugins supported on macOS. Note that M1 and M2 do not support DisplayPort and they do not support daisy-chaining.

I personally used this article to successfully connect two external displays to my 2022 M2 MacBook Air, which I use in closed lid mode. I am personally using the Satechi USB-C Multimedia M1 Adapter, discussed in the above article, and I'll also note that cheaper prices are out there if you look thoroughly.

I hope this helps. This will actually resolve your issue.

Triple monitors not working with my MacBook Air M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.