Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lock screen

My MacBook opens up to a gray lock screen, stuck.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 1, 2023 11:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2023 12:04 PM

Kamajama wrote:

Lock icon

If your Mac is using a firmware password, the lock icon appears when you try to start up from another disk or volume, such as an external drive or macOS Recovery. Enter the firmware password to continue.

If you forgot your firmware password—

If you can't remember your firmware password, schedule an in-person service appointment with an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider ( Find Locations - Apple )

Bring your Mac to the appointment, and bring your original receipt or invoice as proof of purchase.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2023 12:04 PM in response to Kamajama

Kamajama wrote:

Lock icon

If your Mac is using a firmware password, the lock icon appears when you try to start up from another disk or volume, such as an external drive or macOS Recovery. Enter the firmware password to continue.

If you forgot your firmware password—

If you can't remember your firmware password, schedule an in-person service appointment with an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider ( Find Locations - Apple )

Bring your Mac to the appointment, and bring your original receipt or invoice as proof of purchase.

Lock screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.