Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Java app does not start on m2

When I start eXist-db.app which is Java dependent, macOS claims it cannot start because I don't have Java 8 or higher on my machine.

In Terminal.app I can confirm I do by running java -version, echo $JAVA_HOME etc. Also, running eXist-db.app/Contents/Resources/bin/startup.sh works just fine. Tried with temurin8 and openjdk, but I don't think the exact version of Java really matters. Before on my Intel MBP this was never an issue.

Why does macOS claim an issue with Java that is plain and simple incorrect? What makes it think Java is not installed? More importantly: how do I fix this?

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon 2023

Posted on Mar 1, 2023 12:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 3:36 AM

The cause is now known, the issue is not solved yet. The app is not yet a universal binary. Build process is lacking a feature to do so while the third party AppBundler framework is principally ready for it. The developers are working on it.

Similar questions

1 reply

Java app does not start on m2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.