Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Double clicks when I just want single click

So I just moved over to a new Mac Studio with Ventura 13.2.1. I'm getting double-click behavior *sometimes* when all I want is a single click. I have slowed the double click speed down to its slowest setting (slider at leftmost) in settings->accessibility->pointer control, and I have the same issue whether I'm using an Apple Magic Mouse or a Kensington wired trackball (so I know it's not the device). Super annoying; I'll click on a file to get some info about it and it starts to open, or I'll single click on some parameter to modify and it'll act like I double clicked it.

Any thoughts about what else I can try?

TIA!

rich

Mac Studio, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 1, 2023 3:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 1:51 AM

You should move the slider the *other* way! To the left means a slow double click is accepted, to the right means you need to be quick or the second click is taken as a separate click, not double-click.

Similar questions

9 replies

Mar 2, 2023 10:25 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

You should move the slider the *other* way! To the left means a slow
double click is accepted, to the right means you need to be quick or the
second click is taken as a separate click, not double-click.

Hahaha! Yes, I feel appropriately stupid now! I swear I tried both ways, but I guess not. Somehow that seems completely the opposite of what it should be to me, but of course you're right. Thanks so much for reading and responding!

Double clicks when I just want single click

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.