Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text in Pages loses color when pasting to Notes

When I copy text from pages on macbook pro and paste onto Notes the color in the text is gone. For editing purposes I use color coding and need to retain it. Is there a way to keep the color?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Mar 1, 2023 4:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 4:34 AM

You can retain Pages text color (and style) when pasting into Apple's Notes by using the Notes Edit menu > Paste and Retain Style. It has no keyboard shortcut. Any other paste operation from Pages into Notes results in monochrome text.

4 replies

Mar 1, 2023 7:19 PM in response to 5pines

Interesting.

The pinkish colour i this example was applied to the text after it was typed (or pasted) in(to) a Notes note.

The green text was entered in a Pages document, had the colour assigned to it in that document, and was then copied and pasted into the Notes note, where it retained the colour set in Pages.

Don't know whether my experience or yours is the anomaly.

Regards,

Barry

Mar 1, 2023 7:53 PM in response to Barry

Thank you for your comment.

My situation is apparently across the stream of colors; I have for example highlighted text in 2 paragraphs in green, a few pages later a paragraph in pink, etc., all colors revert to standard black text. I was surprised it was not inherit in the copy and past native protocols to replicate what was being transferred.

Tony

Text in Pages loses color when pasting to Notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.