Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Volume slider missing on Apple Music Miniplayer when in fullscreen mode (Catalina)

Hi,

I recently started using the Miniplayer for Apple Music as I like setting it to fullscreen to see the cover art take up my whole screen while working from home. I noticed that if the Miniplayer is NOT fullscreen, I have access to all the controls including the Volume slider, but if I maximize the app, there is no visible volume slider. Is there a way to get this to appear or was this removed for some reason? Again, I am on Catalina since my Macbook Pro is from 2012 and that's the latest macOS I can run.

Thanks,

Jeff

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2023 2:44 PM

Hi SliderJeff,

This would be expected behavior from Music in macOS. You can still control the volume in fullscreen mode using the volume keys on the keyboard.

Additionally, if you'd like to see this feature tweaked we'd recommend leaving feedback for Apple here: Product Feedback - Apple

Cheers!

4 replies

Mar 6, 2023 7:21 AM in response to DerekM87

Derek,

Thanks for the reply. I completely understand that overall system volume control can be used to manage the playback volume for the mini-player in full-screen mode, however, I have more than one source of audio coming in the Macbook, so having only a global adjustment instead of an individual one makes for a less than great user experience. Thank you for the link to the product feedback form. I will definitely use that!

Regards,

Jeff

Volume slider missing on Apple Music Miniplayer when in fullscreen mode (Catalina)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.