Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

joewheeleremc.com

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with the subject URL? I was given it in error/accident by a relative asking for help. It appears to have downloaded malware or corrupted Safari (16) such that Safari won’t quit (the option was greyed out), and Force Quit didn’t work either. Re-started macOS (12.6.3) and then started Safari, and it went right back to what looks like a web page saying “Access to this PC has been blocked” and “Apple has detected malware”. Also is an instruction to call Apple “toll free” at an 802 area code.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 12.6

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 12:26 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 2, 2023 1:05 PM in response to Barney-15E

I'm sure it was a relative, info came via voice over phone call initiated from this end.

I have Sophos Home and when I accessed my account it started Safari with the "bad" page in the first tab and Sophos in a second. I closed the first tab and the problem seems to have gone away. Quit and restarted Safari, no problem.

This occurred before I received your reply.

But what does the shift-click do vice just clicking on the Safari icon?

joewheeleremc.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.