Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to reset password for a Note?

How can i reset my password for an old Note? I have tried every possible way to enter according to my “Hint,” but can’t unlock it. I seriously need to unlock it. Please help!

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 7:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 7:52 PM

According to Apple:

To unlock a note, you need to enter the password that it's locked with. If you forgot your notes password, Apple can't help you regain access to your locked notes.

Also worth mentioning:

Beginning in iOS 16, you have two options to lock your notes. You can lock notes with your iPhone passcode or you can create a unique password only for Notes.

Need more help?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2023 7:52 PM in response to Aniroc_

According to Apple:

To unlock a note, you need to enter the password that it's locked with. If you forgot your notes password, Apple can't help you regain access to your locked notes.

Also worth mentioning:

Beginning in iOS 16, you have two options to lock your notes. You can lock notes with your iPhone passcode or you can create a unique password only for Notes.

Need more help?

Mar 2, 2023 7:14 PM in response to Aniroc_

Aniroc_ Said:

"How to reset password for a Note?: How can i reset my password for an old Note? I have tried every possible way to enter according to my “Hint,” but can’t unlock it. I seriously need to unlock it. Please help!"

-------

Getting Into a Forgotten Locked Note:

You can't. You're out of luck if you cannot get the password. So, take this as a learning experience, knowing to keep a record of all of your passwords.

How to reset password for a Note?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.