Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch gps+ cellular connection

I m studying in almaty Kazakhstan

i want to buy apple watch gps + cellular

i want to know that which apple watch series from series 1 to series 8 ultra which series is supporting for cellular + gps

thank you

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 9:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2023 3:47 PM

In no particular order…

There are no supported carriers listed in Kazakhstan: Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple

Watch requires a paired iPhone for most uses.

Apple is selling Watch in Kazakhstan (and apparently, cellular models): Watch - Apple (KZ)

Here are the three iPhone carriers that Apple does list in Kazakhstan:

Wireless carrier support and features for iPhone in Asia-Pacific - Apple Support

Check with those three carriers, and see if they (also) support Watch.

Per Apple for Kazakhstan: “The carrier, not Apple, provides technical support in this country or region.”

I wouldn’t assume a US-spec Watch will be carrier-supported in Kazakhstan.

Best case: buy one there.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2023 3:47 PM in response to urvesh65

In no particular order…

There are no supported carriers listed in Kazakhstan: Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple

Watch requires a paired iPhone for most uses.

Apple is selling Watch in Kazakhstan (and apparently, cellular models): Watch - Apple (KZ)

Here are the three iPhone carriers that Apple does list in Kazakhstan:

Wireless carrier support and features for iPhone in Asia-Pacific - Apple Support

Check with those three carriers, and see if they (also) support Watch.

Per Apple for Kazakhstan: “The carrier, not Apple, provides technical support in this country or region.”

I wouldn’t assume a US-spec Watch will be carrier-supported in Kazakhstan.

Best case: buy one there.

Mar 4, 2023 3:22 PM in response to urvesh65

Of the currently available Apple Watches, there are GPS only models , and GPS + Cellular models. Some of the configurations are GPS + Cellular only. Generally speaking only the aluminum cases have the option for GPS only.

If you do not get a current model (Series 8, Ultra, SE, Nike, Hermes), then chances are it is used. Be very careful about a used Apple Watch, because unless the current owner following these instructions, it is a useless Apple Watch to you, and you cannot get around the theft protection without the cooperation of the "Original" owner.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

Apple watch gps+ cellular connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.