Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing photos

A family member recently (in the last few days) bought the 50GB option on iCloud and, since it’s shared with family, all my photos synced on it. The problem is, half of them are now missing. Literally vanished, they aren’t deleted, they’re not in some album, they’re just gone. To make things worse, it says that all my photos are on iCloud which means the few missing thousands are not even on the cloud. Can anyone help?? I seriously don’t know what to do

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 6:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 6:07 AM

When you enabled iCloud Photos, your device began to sync with iCloud. Anything in iCloud will also be on your device. Photos do not erase or disappear without being acted upon. Check the Recently Deleted album to see if anything can be recovered. Otherwise, you’ll need to restore from your backups or original sources.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2023 6:07 AM in response to Lalasch

When you enabled iCloud Photos, your device began to sync with iCloud. Anything in iCloud will also be on your device. Photos do not erase or disappear without being acted upon. Check the Recently Deleted album to see if anything can be recovered. Otherwise, you’ll need to restore from your backups or original sources.

Missing photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.