Duplicate photos on different Apple IDs

I have two Apple IDs with some duplicate photos on iCloud with family sharing on, and they take up much space. Is there any way to detect and delete them just like dealing with duplicate photos on an Apple ID?

Thanks!

(Sorry this is my first question on the community and I'm not a native speaker)

Posted on Jun 1, 2023 1:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2023 10:16 PM

Once family sharing is set up Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support (IN)

A unique different Apple ID is set up between members Make sure that each family member has a unique Apple ID - Apple Support

The photos will be shared from family organiser browser that can be deleted individually Remove photos from an iCloud Shared Photo Library in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

Note : you can't merge duplicate photos as if you compare with non family sharing account in iPhone / iPad Find and delete duplicate photos and videos on iPhone - Apple Support

Merge duplicate photos and videos on iPad - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2023 10:16 PM in response to cookies1245

Once family sharing is set up Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support (IN)

A unique different Apple ID is set up between members Make sure that each family member has a unique Apple ID - Apple Support

The photos will be shared from family organiser browser that can be deleted individually Remove photos from an iCloud Shared Photo Library in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

Note : you can't merge duplicate photos as if you compare with non family sharing account in iPhone / iPad Find and delete duplicate photos and videos on iPhone - Apple Support

Merge duplicate photos and videos on iPad - Apple Support

Duplicate photos on different Apple IDs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.