Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music not working

I recently cancelled my Apple Music as I’m having financial difficulties. After doing so my music app is completely useless. I can only listen to downloaded songs in my library if my wifi/4g is off. When my wifi/4g is on I get “an error has occurred” and music plays for a second then instantly stops. This seemed to happen after I updated to iOS 16.4

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 11:57 AM

If these are songs you downloaded with your Apple Music subscription, then that may be normal behavior. You only lease the music you obtain with an Apple Music subscription (even if you download it) to play on Apple approved devices for as long as you maintain that subscription. You can still purchase music (with or without an Apple Music Subscription) in which case you should still be able to play those songs.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2023 11:57 AM in response to Sonny0

If these are songs you downloaded with your Apple Music subscription, then that may be normal behavior. You only lease the music you obtain with an Apple Music subscription (even if you download it) to play on Apple approved devices for as long as you maintain that subscription. You can still purchase music (with or without an Apple Music Subscription) in which case you should still be able to play those songs.

Apple Music not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.