Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't delete google account from internet accounts

I turned on key chain and ever since I get a constant prompt to sign into my google account on Safari. I have done this but still get the prompt. I try to remove google from internet accounts in sys prefs but it doesn't move. It says "are you sure you want to?" and I say yes but nothing happens. I have turned off key chain but still get all this nonsense.

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 10:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 10:58 AM

Try it in Safe Mode...

Start with this of M1 or M2 Mac...

On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > Shut Down.

Wait for your Mac to shut down completely. A Mac is completely shut down when the screen is black and any lights (including in the Touch Bar) are off.

Press and hold the power button on your Mac until “Loading startup options” appears.

Select a volume.

Press and hold the Shift key, then click Continue in Safe Mode.

The computer restarts automatically. When the login window appears, you should see “Safe Boot” in the menu bar.

Restart normally.

Start with this if IntelMac...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes or more.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2023 10:58 AM in response to Rolomoto

Try it in Safe Mode...

Start with this of M1 or M2 Mac...

On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > Shut Down.

Wait for your Mac to shut down completely. A Mac is completely shut down when the screen is black and any lights (including in the Touch Bar) are off.

Press and hold the power button on your Mac until “Loading startup options” appears.

Select a volume.

Press and hold the Shift key, then click Continue in Safe Mode.

The computer restarts automatically. When the login window appears, you should see “Safe Boot” in the menu bar.

Restart normally.

Start with this if IntelMac...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes or more.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Mar 5, 2023 2:40 AM in response to Rolomoto

1 - Restart in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

2 - Safe Mode will also eliminate Third Party Software, extensions and drivers from loading. It will only load the Minimum amount of Core Apple Processes to allow the the computer to function at a reduced Level of Performance 

3 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

4 - Sometimes a Safe Boot followed by a Normal Boot will just put things right.

can't delete google account from internet accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.