Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Permanently remove multiple Hyperlinks in Numbers

How do you select multiple email different email addresses in a column and remove hyperlinks from all of them? I have googled for ages and cannot find out how to do this.

There is already this thread here: Permanently removing hyperlinks in Number… - Apple Community

But it doesnt work - if you use paste and replace it copies whatever email is on the clipboard to ALL the cells. I can only change one at at time by selecting the text in a given cell and then changing the 'link' option in the Format sidebar.

So how do you remove all the hyperlinks in different email addresses in a single column?

PS the preference to untick in Settings doesnt work either - all my boxes in that area are unticked and email addresses are still annoyingly active and turn a click into writing an email

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 11:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 3:23 PM

Thank you for your patience and clarity! - this works 100%

I now realise that 'Copy' means that you select all the hyperlinked email addresses and the 'paste and match style' re-pastes them with the hyperlinks taken out...

.. all works brilliantly!

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 3, 2023 11:58 AM in response to musicspirit

There is no "paste and replace" in Numbers.

The preferences settings prevent links from being created automatically. They do not remove existing links. The question in the other thread was how to prevent hyperlinks from being automatically created and that was the answer to that question.

The procedure provided in the other thread for removing multiple links at the same time works as described.

1. Select the cells
  2. Copy
  3. Paste & Match Style

Permanently remove multiple Hyperlinks in Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.