Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Permanently removing hyperlinks in Numbers v12.1

My goal is to remove many hyperlinks on my spreadsheet. My understanding is that it's not possible to remove them all at once so I've been painstakingly removing them one by one. However, the insult to injury is that the removal isn't permanent. Right after removing it, they're linked again (this happens after I place the cursor at the end of the email address and then space away from it). What am I doing wrong?

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 3:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 5:04 PM

To keep it from happening, go to Numbers->Preferences->Auto Correction and turn off "automatically add links to web pages" and "automatically add links to phone numbers" and "automatically apply link style"

Similar questions

4 replies

Aug 4, 2022 9:10 PM in response to machinebuddha

machinebuddha wrote:

My understanding is that it's not possible to remove them all at once so I've been painstakingly removing them one by one.

You don't have to remove active links one by one!

You can select multiple cells with active links, then type command-c to copy, followed by Edit > Paste and Match style.

SG

Permanently removing hyperlinks in Numbers v12.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.