Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I got locked out of my Gmail account because my iPhone didn't save its suggested password

I am locked out of my email on all devices after resetting my gmail password and using the “strong” password iPhone suggests only thing is the iPhone did not save the password and I can’t verify my account. It ask for my phone number which I give and get the code THEN it ask for my alternative email or recovery email to which I guess I entered in wrong because I never receive the email.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 1:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 11:37 PM

At first, you talked about keychain then you are referring to your Apple ID. There is something amiss here.

Are you referring to Gmail as Apple ID

then...

If you do not remember the Apple ID Password then follow the steps given in this Apple Article -> If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you do not remember the Apple ID then follow the steps given in this Apple Article -> If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

else...

Change your password · Open your Google Account. You might need to sign in. · Under "Security," select Signing in to Google. · Choose Password. You might need to ...

Change or reset your password - Computer - Gmail Help

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2023 11:37 PM in response to AACannon1987

At first, you talked about keychain then you are referring to your Apple ID. There is something amiss here.

Are you referring to Gmail as Apple ID

then...

If you do not remember the Apple ID Password then follow the steps given in this Apple Article -> If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you do not remember the Apple ID then follow the steps given in this Apple Article -> If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

else...

Change your password · Open your Google Account. You might need to sign in. · Under "Security," select Signing in to Google. · Choose Password. You might need to ...

Change or reset your password - Computer - Gmail Help

Mar 3, 2023 11:37 PM in response to AACannon1987

If you are the owner or the owner has shared all information with you then to open Activation Lock:- If it is Activation locked, read here --> Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Learn how to remove a device from a previous owner's account.

If you are not the owner and do not have the Apple ID and Password then there is no way that you can get into this iPhone unless the original owner shares the Apple ID and password with you. If you are lucky you can get into this iPhone if they (owner) accidentally remove the device from their Apple ID.

I got locked out of my Gmail account because my iPhone didn't save its suggested password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.