Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X. The last selected audio interface is not available.

Before anyone answers/asks, I do not swap interfaces. I use the same interface (RME Fireface UCX) permanently plugged in via USB in my studio. That interface is selected as the interface in both system audio preferences and Logic Pro X and has been for months.

Yet I still get this message every time I start Logic. The app is quit every time before machine shutdown.

It's more annoying than a blocker, but I'm worried that it means there's another problem elsewhere that I'm not aware of.

Mac Studio, macOS 12.6

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 1:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2023 7:23 AM

This is not a big issue.

Just go to your Logic and System Audio preferences and set them manually again. Switch them to something else then switch them back to your desires settings. Brackets are indicating the device is not set properly and will use the fall-back setting. This is what you have experienced in the past.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2023 7:23 AM in response to terrapin69157

This is not a big issue.

Just go to your Logic and System Audio preferences and set them manually again. Switch them to something else then switch them back to your desires settings. Brackets are indicating the device is not set properly and will use the fall-back setting. This is what you have experienced in the past.

Logic Pro X. The last selected audio interface is not available.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.