Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing location

Hi how do I stop a contact seeing I’ve stopped sharing location with them . When you stop sharing location a text is sent to contact letting them know you have stopped sharing your location with them.

how do stop sharing my location with a contact without them being informed by a text .,Tia

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 2:46 PM

I have not experienced people receiving a text message when you stop sharing the location. If you don't want to share your location with one or more people, open the Find app and select the People tab.

Find the person or people who should not follow you, and swipe from left to right to delete them. They won't get any notification that you've deleted them, you'll just disappear from their list.

If you choose to stop sharing your location, they will be notified in the Find app. It cannot be changed.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2023 2:46 PM in response to Spike 1234

I have not experienced people receiving a text message when you stop sharing the location. If you don't want to share your location with one or more people, open the Find app and select the People tab.

Find the person or people who should not follow you, and swipe from left to right to delete them. They won't get any notification that you've deleted them, you'll just disappear from their list.

If you choose to stop sharing your location, they will be notified in the Find app. It cannot be changed.

Sharing location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.