Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to stop sharing location.

I wish to stop sharing location with a specific contact on “find my” I am well aware of how to do it. With any other contacts I am sharing location with I simply tap the red “stop sharing my location” and it stops and becomes blue “share my location”

however, with this one contact it will not stop sharing. Sometimes it flicks to the blue writing but then immediately flicks back to the red “stop sharing your location” I had this contact blocked and tried unblocking them but thy did not work. It is likely they have also blocked me but this is a serious problem! I need to be able to stop

sharing my location with them and know it has worked!! Again… it works perfectly with anyone else I have shared location with. This needs sorting immediately

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 13, 2023 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2023 12:40 PM

Instead of selecting "Stop Sharing Location", delete the person completely from the Find People overview.

1. Open the Find app

2. Go to the People tab at the bottom

3. Find the person you want to delete

4. Swipe from right to left and select the trash can

The person will disappear from your overview and you will disappear from the other person's overview. The person will not receive any notifications, you will simply just disappear.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2023 12:40 PM in response to Jimbobjam

Instead of selecting "Stop Sharing Location", delete the person completely from the Find People overview.

1. Open the Find app

2. Go to the People tab at the bottom

3. Find the person you want to delete

4. Swipe from right to left and select the trash can

The person will disappear from your overview and you will disappear from the other person's overview. The person will not receive any notifications, you will simply just disappear.

Mar 13, 2023 1:36 PM in response to Community User

Thanks for the response. I don’t have that particular option in the Uk but I can remove the person in question. The only reason I didn’t is I wanted to be sure they had stopped receiving my location before I got rid of them completely incase there was a glitch and still needed to be able to tap “stop sharing” against there name in the app. For info I also tried via contacts and it didn’t work. As it happens I have learned that blocking the contact does indeed stop them seeing my location but then it should really automatically revert to “share my location” in the app. Anyway… while the bug isn’t sorted at least I know the person in question cannot see my location. Cheers.

Mar 13, 2023 2:37 PM in response to Jimbobjam

The option to delete people in Find, which I described, applies to all the places where Find is available. But anyway, as long as you got an answer to your question. Cheers.

Unable to stop sharing location.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.