Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi - Managed networks

On my iPhone 13, if I click on Settings / Wifi and then press Edit, I encounter a list of "Managed Networks". There are two networks listed here and they are not related to my home Wifi. In fact, I am not currently connected to my phone Wifi when seeing this. I can click on the information circle to the right of each network, and it seems to give me the option to join the network automatically or not, but regardless of whether I make any changes to the settings, when I go back to the Managed Networks screen, I am unable to click "Done," I can only click "Cancel."

An Apple support person told me that these are usually joined automatically, and likely had to do with my phone carrier settings. I contacted Bell, but the person I spoke to did not really know what this screen was. He thought it was like the list of available networks, but it wasn't. He thought I could choose "forget this network" but I couldn't.

I am wondering if this is a normal part of the network or whether this is something I should be removing. As far as I know this is a personal phone that nobody else is managing, and I would not like to find out that the phone is being managed by a company or group that has not informed me of it. Hopefully this worry is off-base...

iPhone 13

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 6:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2023 7:41 PM

As it turned out, my phone service provider told me that it did not have to do with their cellular network, but that I should take the phone in for repair. The phone repair place when I called to ask about making an appointment told me that if it was a managed network that could not be removed, then they wouldn't be able to remove it, so I should instead take it back to the place I bought the phone from.

I did so. Fortunately, at the vendor, someone was able to find the information for me that solved this mystery. It was after all the cellular network provider that had this as a back up system for enabling phone coverage if I was out of area. And the person I spoke with had the exact same thing on her phone. Apparently everyone does that used this cellular provider. I couldn't believe it! I mean I did believe it, but I wished that the person I spoke with at tech support at the cellular provider had known this because this would have saved me a drive. All the same, if anyone else has this issue, and you look under the Settings/General/VPN & Device Management and there are no work or school accounts on your phone, don't sweat, your cellular provider is probably just doing a good job of providing you with cellular coverage and didn't advertise this fact!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2023 7:41 PM in response to RSAP8

As it turned out, my phone service provider told me that it did not have to do with their cellular network, but that I should take the phone in for repair. The phone repair place when I called to ask about making an appointment told me that if it was a managed network that could not be removed, then they wouldn't be able to remove it, so I should instead take it back to the place I bought the phone from.

I did so. Fortunately, at the vendor, someone was able to find the information for me that solved this mystery. It was after all the cellular network provider that had this as a back up system for enabling phone coverage if I was out of area. And the person I spoke with had the exact same thing on her phone. Apparently everyone does that used this cellular provider. I couldn't believe it! I mean I did believe it, but I wished that the person I spoke with at tech support at the cellular provider had known this because this would have saved me a drive. All the same, if anyone else has this issue, and you look under the Settings/General/VPN & Device Management and there are no work or school accounts on your phone, don't sweat, your cellular provider is probably just doing a good job of providing you with cellular coverage and didn't advertise this fact!

WiFi - Managed networks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.