Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Access iPad after dad died

Hi,

my father passed away in 2016 and I’ve tried on several occasions to access his iPad. I don’t know his Apple ID or password. I want to access it, remove his id and sell the iPad. How ?

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 11:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2023 12:18 AM

..Perhaps you may be able to access an iPad, (or) with an associated iPhone;

should the device process allow one, to follow paths set forth in this Article..

How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account - Apple Support

//support.apple.com/en-us/HT208510

The process once completed, may allow access to a completely erased iPad.

[Or if that iPad has no SIM card, (a WiFi-only model) then it's another matter.]

You may need to contact Apple authorized provider or retail store in this matter, to sort details.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2023 12:18 AM in response to Superjames1

..Perhaps you may be able to access an iPad, (or) with an associated iPhone;

should the device process allow one, to follow paths set forth in this Article..

How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account - Apple Support

//support.apple.com/en-us/HT208510

The process once completed, may allow access to a completely erased iPad.

[Or if that iPad has no SIM card, (a WiFi-only model) then it's another matter.]

You may need to contact Apple authorized provider or retail store in this matter, to sort details.

Access iPad after dad died

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.