Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing apps on restore?

How do I restore 'all' my apps at once if they are missing on restore?

I have replaced my iPad and restored it as usual but there are no apps apart from the standard apple ones?

I have already looked on help and I can see how to do it one at time but I don't want to do that. I want them also back where they were on the iPad.

Thanks

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Mar 4, 2023 1:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2023 2:39 AM

If Apps are missing upon restore, perhaps you haven’t waited a sufficiently for the App-restore process to complete. Are the Apps showing as “waiting”, or are all traces of the missing Apps absent from your Home Screen?

Having restored your Apps and data to your iPad, in rare circumstances the download and installation of associated Apps can appear to stall.

If Apps are “waiting”, try a long-touch (i.e., touch and hold) of any App that appears to be stuck; next select Prioritise Download. This will usually kick-start and complete the App installation process.

If instead all expected Apps are missing, you may need to erase the iPad and repeat the restore from backup. You should note, however, that if you have overwritten the existing iCloud/iTunes backup since restoring the device, you will have lost the previously saved-state - and will have to setup again and reinstall Apps individually.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2023 2:39 AM in response to DJModir

If Apps are missing upon restore, perhaps you haven’t waited a sufficiently for the App-restore process to complete. Are the Apps showing as “waiting”, or are all traces of the missing Apps absent from your Home Screen?

Having restored your Apps and data to your iPad, in rare circumstances the download and installation of associated Apps can appear to stall.

If Apps are “waiting”, try a long-touch (i.e., touch and hold) of any App that appears to be stuck; next select Prioritise Download. This will usually kick-start and complete the App installation process.

If instead all expected Apps are missing, you may need to erase the iPad and repeat the restore from backup. You should note, however, that if you have overwritten the existing iCloud/iTunes backup since restoring the device, you will have lost the previously saved-state - and will have to setup again and reinstall Apps individually.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Missing apps on restore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.