Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove MDM profile

I have a MDM profile where certificate will expire march 8 and erase my MacBook.

How can I remove it?

Posted on Mar 4, 2023 5:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2023 6:03 AM

another user here (dialabrain) posted a link in a similar discussion. maybe it will help you as well.

https://graffino.com/til/UmkCdmEx7v-remove-a-non-removable-mdm-profile-from-macos-without-a-complete-wipe

14 replies

Mar 4, 2023 7:25 AM in response to jeffreythefrog

jeffreythefrog wrote:

you're welcome. thanks for confirming that it works. :)

If this worked as said, I guess MDM is a useless tool that should not be installed by orgaizations. If an organization's computers are protected by MDM and a thief can override the MDM protection by just a couple of lines of code then I think MDM is dead and useless.

Mar 4, 2023 7:29 AM in response to BobTheFisherman

BobTheFisherman wrote:

If this worked as said, I guess MDM is a useless tool that should not be installed by orgaizations. If an organization's computers are protected by MDM and a thief can override the MDM protection by just a couple of lines of code then I think MDM is dead and useless.

very good point. maybe this shouldn't have been relayed to end users. but then again... google?

Mar 6, 2023 6:56 AM in response to PRP_53

The reason why I needed to remove MDM from my computer was an easy decision. In there first place I bough this computer from a store and MDM it was already installed. The computer was reset as it should and behaved as a new and fresh. After I installed and configured I notice it was manage by MDM certificate. I did not think about it to much before I got the message that the MDM certificate would expire march 8. When that is happened my computer would be erased, al coffin removed and so on. I went to the store and asked them to fix it but they could not. Only thing was to wipe the disk and re-install everything and they wanted me to pay for it.

Then my option was to turn to the community and ask for help which I got. I am now a happy camper and MDM is gone.

Mar 6, 2023 7:23 AM in response to eikelmt

Until the Serial Number is Removed from the MDM Service Data Base, even having removed the MDM Profile.

If the MDM Service decides to Remotely Activate the MDM Profile on the Serial Number associated with this computer - that can

This can happen at any time and usually at the Worst Possible time - when you need the computer

Your best bet is, to Demand a Refund when you return the device from Whom you purchased this device.

There is not avoiding the MDM from taking control of this computer

Mar 6, 2023 8:09 AM in response to eikelmt

eikelmt wrote:

I am now a happy camper and MDM is gone.

Make sure to follow up after March 8 and let us know if your computer is still functional.

It sounds like you were simply scammed by whomever sold you that computer. Never buy an Apple product from anyone other than Apple or an Authorized Apple reseller.

Make sure to make a backup right away so that you can at least save your data and reinstall it onto a new computer.

How to remove MDM profile

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.