Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete apps

How do I delete personal information from an old iPhone?

iPhone 14

Posted on Mar 4, 2023 6:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2023 7:30 PM

If you are not going to use your old iPhone anymore and want to remove all information, then you need to disable Find My iPhone, sign out of your Apple ID and finally restore it to Factory Settings.

This procedure will erase EVERYTHING from your iPhone!

Start by signing out of Find My iPhone, go to:

Settings Apple ID → Find. Disable Find My iPhone

Then, sign out of your Apple ID here:

Settings Apple ID → Scroll to the bottom and select Sign Out.

Finally, restore your iPhone to Factory Settings. This will erase everything on your iPhone. Go to:

Settings General Transfer or Reset iPhone Erase All Content and Settings

The phone will start doing a Factory Restore. When the phone starts up with the "Hello" screen, your iPhone is ready to either be passed on, sold or stored in the drawer.

You can find more useful information here:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2023 7:30 PM in response to joeharkins

If you are not going to use your old iPhone anymore and want to remove all information, then you need to disable Find My iPhone, sign out of your Apple ID and finally restore it to Factory Settings.

This procedure will erase EVERYTHING from your iPhone!

Start by signing out of Find My iPhone, go to:

Settings Apple ID → Find. Disable Find My iPhone

Then, sign out of your Apple ID here:

Settings Apple ID → Scroll to the bottom and select Sign Out.

Finally, restore your iPhone to Factory Settings. This will erase everything on your iPhone. Go to:

Settings General Transfer or Reset iPhone Erase All Content and Settings

The phone will start doing a Factory Restore. When the phone starts up with the "Hello" screen, your iPhone is ready to either be passed on, sold or stored in the drawer.

You can find more useful information here:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Delete apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.