Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am having difficulty on Safari. Websites will not load or update. I can't reach Apple support . Help

I am having difficulty on Safari. Websites will not load or update. I can't reach Apple support . Help

iMac 21.5″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Mar 4, 2023 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2023 12:49 AM

Hi Kataloha123,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: Websites will not load or update.

Wondering if it is certain websites, or all websites.

Things to try:

Quit Safari. Restart your Mac: (Apple Menu > Restart.  wait) .. then log-back in, re-open Safari and re-try. (will often clear the way )

If hasn't helped:

Try turning off any third-party (non-Apple) software, like unnecessary add-blockers, virus-checkers or the like, (even VPN can cause interference).

Apple Support has an article online with troubleshooting tips that may help:

If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected

More info:

Safari troubleshooting on Mac – Apple Support

Seems your Mac is using Mac OS 10.11 El Capitan. It is possible some websites may not cater for older versions of Safari, and indeed some websites may also be optimised for browsers other than MacOS Safari ... is often possible check the preferred browsers out on favourite websites, or with their web-developers, or their support page.

You might want to check (Apple Menu > About this Mac) that your Mac has memory / storage space free in which to operate smoothly, and that Safari (preferences) isn't set for a much larger amount of "history" stored than you need to have.

Sorry to hear you have had difficulty contacting Apple Support.

There's a "Get support" link at the bottom of Safari Support's webpage:

Safari - Official Apple Support

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

All the best :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2023 12:49 AM in response to Kataloha123

Hi Kataloha123,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: Websites will not load or update.

Wondering if it is certain websites, or all websites.

Things to try:

Quit Safari. Restart your Mac: (Apple Menu > Restart.  wait) .. then log-back in, re-open Safari and re-try. (will often clear the way )

If hasn't helped:

Try turning off any third-party (non-Apple) software, like unnecessary add-blockers, virus-checkers or the like, (even VPN can cause interference).

Apple Support has an article online with troubleshooting tips that may help:

If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected

More info:

Safari troubleshooting on Mac – Apple Support

Seems your Mac is using Mac OS 10.11 El Capitan. It is possible some websites may not cater for older versions of Safari, and indeed some websites may also be optimised for browsers other than MacOS Safari ... is often possible check the preferred browsers out on favourite websites, or with their web-developers, or their support page.

You might want to check (Apple Menu > About this Mac) that your Mac has memory / storage space free in which to operate smoothly, and that Safari (preferences) isn't set for a much larger amount of "history" stored than you need to have.

Sorry to hear you have had difficulty contacting Apple Support.

There's a "Get support" link at the bottom of Safari Support's webpage:

Safari - Official Apple Support

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

All the best :-)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.