Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone not alerting when any message is received.

When I'm on my MacBook Air (OS 13.2.1) my iPhone (iOS 16.3.1) will not alert when I receive any messages (iMessage or SMS). I have quit the Messages application on my MacBook Air and have turned off text message forwarding on my phone and still will not receive an audible alert or haptic alert from my phone

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 4, 2023 12:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2023 1:07 PM

Just solved, I had to manually log out of my Apple ID on Messages on my MacBook Air to get the messages on my watch and phone. I guess since it automatically logged me into it when I logged in to my Apple ID the first time and I had message notifications turned off on my MacBook Air it just stopped notifying me period.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2023 1:07 PM in response to emt1613

Just solved, I had to manually log out of my Apple ID on Messages on my MacBook Air to get the messages on my watch and phone. I guess since it automatically logged me into it when I logged in to my Apple ID the first time and I had message notifications turned off on my MacBook Air it just stopped notifying me period.

iPhone not alerting when any message is received.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.