Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage

I need some help with my iMessages. A lot of my messages are green instead of blue and I don’t know why.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 4, 2023 3:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2023 7:04 PM

If you send green messages, you send normal SMS messages. The blue messages are iMessages. Only Apple devices such as iPhones, iPads, and Macs can send/receive iMessages. If you send a message to someone who does not have an Apple device, or has deactivated iMessages, your messages will be green.

To be able to send iMessages, the function must be activated on your iPhone and you must have a data connection, either via your carrier or via Wi-Fi. You can enable iMessages here: Settings Messages → enable iMessages

You can read more about the difference between SMS and iMessages here:

What is the difference between iMessage and SMS/MMS? - Apple Support

If you're having trouble activating iMessages on your device, see here:

If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2023 7:04 PM in response to miasia1

If you send green messages, you send normal SMS messages. The blue messages are iMessages. Only Apple devices such as iPhones, iPads, and Macs can send/receive iMessages. If you send a message to someone who does not have an Apple device, or has deactivated iMessages, your messages will be green.

To be able to send iMessages, the function must be activated on your iPhone and you must have a data connection, either via your carrier or via Wi-Fi. You can enable iMessages here: Settings Messages → enable iMessages

You can read more about the difference between SMS and iMessages here:

What is the difference between iMessage and SMS/MMS? - Apple Support

If you're having trouble activating iMessages on your device, see here:

If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.