My messages are green

For some reason me and my friend both have an iPhone but our messages are green and I tried to fix it and I pressed send as a text message, but I don’t know how to get it back to iMessage

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 29, 2023 3:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2023 3:16 PM

unique299 Said:

"My messages are green: For some reason me and my friend both have an iPhone but our messages are green and I tried to fix it and I pressed send as a text message, but I don’t know how to get it back to iMessage"

-------

Open the Messages App:

Tap the green icon for the Messages app.

No success?...

Troubleshooting Lost Apps:

A. Drag it Back:

Swipe your finger in from the right. Then, drag it back over.

No Success?...

B. Reset the Home Screen Layout:

If a widget or app has gone mossing somehow, then you need to reset the Home Screen Layout. Go Here: Move and Organize Apps on iPhone - Apple Support. You'd have to add back all the widgets that you can recall being back on there. So, take a screenshotf each Home Screen to know what to place and where: Take a Screenshot On your iPhone - Apple Support

Scroll to: Reset the Home Screen and Apps to their Original Layout

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Home Screen Layout
  5. Then... Add the apps back

No Success?...

Redownload load it:

Get it here: Messages On the App Store - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2023 3:16 PM in response to unique299

unique299 Said:

"My messages are green: For some reason me and my friend both have an iPhone but our messages are green and I tried to fix it and I pressed send as a text message, but I don’t know how to get it back to iMessage"

-------

Open the Messages App:

Tap the green icon for the Messages app.

No success?...

Troubleshooting Lost Apps:

A. Drag it Back:

Swipe your finger in from the right. Then, drag it back over.

No Success?...

B. Reset the Home Screen Layout:

If a widget or app has gone mossing somehow, then you need to reset the Home Screen Layout. Go Here: Move and Organize Apps on iPhone - Apple Support. You'd have to add back all the widgets that you can recall being back on there. So, take a screenshotf each Home Screen to know what to place and where: Take a Screenshot On your iPhone - Apple Support

Scroll to: Reset the Home Screen and Apps to their Original Layout

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Home Screen Layout
  5. Then... Add the apps back

No Success?...

Redownload load it:

Get it here: Messages On the App Store - Apple

My messages are green

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.