Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In MacBook Pro, how to keep selected word(s) highlighted on the screen continuously whilst reading and till finish?

I do a lot of reading (or research) on webpages using Safari. I use "edit - find" to locate the same keyword as it appears throughout the passages. This helps me to fast read and get to the relevant contents quickly. However, I find that there is no sure way of keeping all those highlighted positions shown continuously till finish. Whenever the highlighting disappears, I have to restart the "edit-find" process again and which of course is rather annoying.

Could someone advise a better way of handling it? And, better still, what about tackling multiple keywords at the same time? Thanks.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 4, 2023 8:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2023 6:27 PM

Hello junius000,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you have feedback about a feature for Apple that you would like recognized. You can leave feedback for them here: Product Feedback - Apple

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

4 replies

Mar 24, 2023 3:23 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

@Luis Sequeira1,

Yes, I think what you said is generally true. However, not quite so when browsing web pages (with advertisements) ...like this one: John 10:38 - Verse-by-Verse Bible Commentary - StudyLight.org. In this case, the highlighting would not persist and tends to disappear momentarily. Re-clicking the search box everytime this happens really defeats the purpose. I was hoping for some kind of a command to keep the highlighting in position until I undo it. (Btw, this seems an easy job in the Microsoft environment.)

In MacBook Pro, how to keep selected word(s) highlighted on the screen continuously whilst reading and till finish?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.