Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I reinstall only Mac OS high Sierra from time machine after the Mac HD has been completely erased/

can I reinstall only Mac OS high Sierra from time machine after the

Mac HD has been completely erased/

iMac 21.5″, 10.13

Posted on Mar 5, 2023 2:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2023 4:40 AM

If I understand what you’re asking, you’d like to completely erase your Mac and upgrade the operating system to Mac OS High Sierra without actually going thru the upgrade process from your original MacOS. You wamt

to take a blank state hard drive and install Mac OS Sierra as a new machine with the hardware and memory that were designed for an earlier version of MacOS. Why don’t you just buy a new Mac with hardware and memory that have been configured to the specifications that the engineers for MacOS Sierra specify as being optimal fo meet the requirements to run Mac OS Sierra? Your playing a fools game to save a buck.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2023 4:40 AM in response to sieros

If I understand what you’re asking, you’d like to completely erase your Mac and upgrade the operating system to Mac OS High Sierra without actually going thru the upgrade process from your original MacOS. You wamt

to take a blank state hard drive and install Mac OS Sierra as a new machine with the hardware and memory that were designed for an earlier version of MacOS. Why don’t you just buy a new Mac with hardware and memory that have been configured to the specifications that the engineers for MacOS Sierra specify as being optimal fo meet the requirements to run Mac OS Sierra? Your playing a fools game to save a buck.

can I reinstall only Mac OS high Sierra from time machine after the Mac HD has been completely erased/

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.