Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't log in to my apple id

I recently updated my software to Monterey 12.6.3 version (macbook pro retina mid 2015 ), but now I cant log in to my apple id.

When I try is says 'Cannot use your apple id on this device - your apple id can only be used on devices with ios 16.2 or later or macOS 13.1 or later. This macbook pro cannot be updated to the latest software'.

Does this mean I have to buy a whole new macbook or is there an other way to log in to my apple id?

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Mar 5, 2023 5:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2023 2:40 AM

Has the user enabled End to End Encryption on your Apple ID from one of your devices

The info from this Apple Support Document may put light on this issue

link below

iCloud data security overview - Apple Support (CA)

An excerpt from the above link

Advanced Data Protection for iCloud

Starting with iOS 16.2, iPadOS 16.2 and macOS 13.1, you can choose to enable Advanced Data Protection to protect the vast majority of your iCloud data, even in the case of a data breach in the cloud

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2023 2:40 AM in response to Nagathomas44

Has the user enabled End to End Encryption on your Apple ID from one of your devices

The info from this Apple Support Document may put light on this issue

link below

iCloud data security overview - Apple Support (CA)

An excerpt from the above link

Advanced Data Protection for iCloud

Starting with iOS 16.2, iPadOS 16.2 and macOS 13.1, you can choose to enable Advanced Data Protection to protect the vast majority of your iCloud data, even in the case of a data breach in the cloud

I can't log in to my apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.