Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone set up help

Hi. On changing jobs recently, I had a new phone for work purposes. On set up, I had it next to my personal iPhone and somehow the work phone linked with my personal one (the apple id is showing as the same). It means all my personal stuff is on both. How do I remove this from my work Mobile without loosing any stuff off my personal phone? Thank you.

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 5, 2023 8:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2023 9:37 AM

When you turned on your Work iPhone and your Personal iPhone was next to it, you started a Quick Start setup. This means that your Work iPhone is signed in with your personal Apple ID.

All you have to do is sign out of your Apple ID on your Work iPhone, and possibly created an Apple ID for your work Phone, which is only used for it.

To remove your personal Apple ID from your work phone:

Start by signing out of Find My iPhone, go to:

Settings Apple ID → Find. Disable Find My iPhone

Then, sign out of your Apple ID here:

Settings Apple ID → Scroll to the bottom and select Sign Out.

Now your personal Apple ID has been removed from your Work iPhone.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2023 9:37 AM in response to Doodaa123

When you turned on your Work iPhone and your Personal iPhone was next to it, you started a Quick Start setup. This means that your Work iPhone is signed in with your personal Apple ID.

All you have to do is sign out of your Apple ID on your Work iPhone, and possibly created an Apple ID for your work Phone, which is only used for it.

To remove your personal Apple ID from your work phone:

Start by signing out of Find My iPhone, go to:

Settings Apple ID → Find. Disable Find My iPhone

Then, sign out of your Apple ID here:

Settings Apple ID → Scroll to the bottom and select Sign Out.

Now your personal Apple ID has been removed from your Work iPhone.

iPhone set up help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.