Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add a Epson scanner?

I just bought a Mac mini 2023 and trying to add an Epson scanner. I cannot find it in my list. How do I add it if I don't see it?

Mac mini, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 5, 2023 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2023 9:15 AM

It also occurs to me that you might connect the scanner and then launch the Image Capture app. You'll find that in either the Applications folder or Applications > Utilities.

It may be that the scanner will not "install" in the usual place but instead still be accessible within the app.

11 replies

Mar 5, 2023 1:50 PM in response to D.I. Johnson

Thanks I tried that too, but the responses I am receiving is to make sure scanner is on and connected which it is. I looked in Image Capture and there are no devices listed. I was able to successfully add my Brother printer so it may be an Epson issue. I wonder if switching the app from ICE to SilverFast 8 is the cause? I reconnected to windows laptop with the original ICE app and the scanner did work.

How do I add a Epson scanner?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.