Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I get my iPad to have folders like my phone after transfer?

how do I get my iPad to have folders like my iphone after transfer.

I signed into the iPad with my iCloud and all my apps are all over not organized like I have them on my phone.

iPad Pro, 11-inch, 4th Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 5, 2023 9:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2023 9:58 AM

The App Library sorts the currently installed Apps for the device into multiple automatically curated App-groups - based upon App category information from the App Store. The device App Library is copied/synchronised between devices.

While the App Library cannot be directly edited, you can create App Groups of your own choice on any Home Page - this being fully described in the iPad User Guide:

Organize your apps in folders on iPad - Apple Support

More information about the iPad App Library are organisation of your Home Screens can be found here:

Use the App Library and Home Screen to organize your iPad apps - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2023 9:58 AM in response to finstar222

The App Library sorts the currently installed Apps for the device into multiple automatically curated App-groups - based upon App category information from the App Store. The device App Library is copied/synchronised between devices.

While the App Library cannot be directly edited, you can create App Groups of your own choice on any Home Page - this being fully described in the iPad User Guide:

Organize your apps in folders on iPad - Apple Support

More information about the iPad App Library are organisation of your Home Screens can be found here:

Mar 5, 2023 9:28 AM in response to finstar222

Due to differences between your iPad and iPhone screen geometry, you’ll not be able to precisely replicate the Home Screen layout between dissimilar devices. You can, however, create App Folders of the same names - and move your installed Apps into your created App Folders.

Information about organising your Apps, App Folders and Home Screens can be found here:

how do I get my iPad to have folders like my phone after transfer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.