Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods pop up won't show on my iPhone when opening the case

I have a apple 11 iPhone just bought a pair of airpodpro2 when I set them on by turning on Bluetooth then opened the AirPod case the pop up wouldn’t show but they did connected and do work but the popup want show why?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Mar 5, 2023 9:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2023 12:11 PM

Hey there Pippa-1,

If the pairing proximity card didn't appear as expected when first setting up your AirPods, then it sounds like there may have been an unexpected behavior being experienced with the firmware of the AirPods.

To help troubleshoot unexpected behavior, ensure the firmware for the AirPods are updated. They will update automatically as long as your iPad or iPhone has the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. Check out those details here:

About firmware updates for AirPods - Apple Support

Firmware updates are delivered periodically while your AirPods are charging and in Bluetooth range of your iPhone, iPad, or Mac.

Because firmware updates are delivered automatically, you don't need to update your AirPods.

To use your iPhone or iPad to check that your AirPods are up to date, make sure that you have the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. Go to Settings > Bluetooth, then tap the Info button  next to the name of your AirPods. Scroll down to the About section to find the firmware version.

Kind regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2023 12:11 PM in response to Pippa-1

Hey there Pippa-1,

If the pairing proximity card didn't appear as expected when first setting up your AirPods, then it sounds like there may have been an unexpected behavior being experienced with the firmware of the AirPods.

To help troubleshoot unexpected behavior, ensure the firmware for the AirPods are updated. They will update automatically as long as your iPad or iPhone has the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. Check out those details here:

About firmware updates for AirPods - Apple Support

Firmware updates are delivered periodically while your AirPods are charging and in Bluetooth range of your iPhone, iPad, or Mac.

Because firmware updates are delivered automatically, you don't need to update your AirPods.

To use your iPhone or iPad to check that your AirPods are up to date, make sure that you have the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. Go to Settings > Bluetooth, then tap the Info button  next to the name of your AirPods. Scroll down to the About section to find the firmware version.

Kind regards.

AirPods pop up won't show on my iPhone when opening the case

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.