Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keeping some files & passwords on old mac while deleting others...how to?

I got a new mac and want my assistant to be able to use my old mac for certain files and passwords to websites that are already saved. How do I remove my personal passwords and files without erasing them from my new Mac? There are some business websites on Safari that are bookmarked and have the passwords saved that would be convenient for her to be able to access but I don't want her to be able to access personal bookmarks. How do I separate the two computers without erasing all of the data but being able to keep some?

Posted on Mar 5, 2023 10:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2023 10:57 AM

One option is to create a new user account on your old Mac for just her to use. Any website links, that she may need, can be provided to her so that she can add them to Safari for her use. Then, be sure, not to provide her with any of the user account passwords for your accounts on this Mac.

Even better, would be to have her use the Mac's "guest" user account. This account should still provide her with Internet access, but no access to any other resources on the Mac.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2023 10:57 AM in response to maclove7970

One option is to create a new user account on your old Mac for just her to use. Any website links, that she may need, can be provided to her so that she can add them to Safari for her use. Then, be sure, not to provide her with any of the user account passwords for your accounts on this Mac.

Even better, would be to have her use the Mac's "guest" user account. This account should still provide her with Internet access, but no access to any other resources on the Mac.

Keeping some files & passwords on old mac while deleting others...how to?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.